Events

Maarteng Letra: The Pen Meet v 2.0

September 11, 2017

The Pen Meet v 2.0

Aiming for a better pen meet, Maarteng Letra will be tackling not just basic calligraphy but all forms of it. The event will also have a feature about Baybayin, graphic design, illustration, and simple tips about how to make profit from your passion without taking your heart away from the craft.

The Pen Meet v 2.0

Propelled from its first pen meet, the team behind Maarteng Letra; a collective of passion driven artists will be holding their second pen meet on the 30th of September at Cuaderno Fil-Mex Book Café.

The team of Maarteng Letra is composed of different artists that specializes in different forms of art. From traditional illustrating, to calligraphy, and to graphic design. A lot of aspiring artists and art enthusiasts find it hard to get into the world of arts and crafts mainly because of reasons that stop motivating them. The team believes that being creative is a talent every person is capable of having and people just needs a little push, a starting point, and plenty of inspiration to begin their journey in arts and crafts. Hence, Maarteng Letra: The Pen Meet v2.0.

What To Look Forward To

Much like the first pen meet, v2.0 will be having a series of mini workshops and talks from their partners to share their passion and to opening the eyes of their attendees that art can be for everyone. Aside from this, attendees will also get a chance to share their stories as to why they love art and why they want to pursue it.

The team aims to gather well known artists to share their stories and inspire each individual at the pen meet that everyone starts from somewhere.

As cheesy as it may sound, the team of Maarteng Letra would like to be a part of a journey that every aspirant and enthusiast is about to take.

The team, in partnership with Marvy Uchida Philippines, will be providing basic materials, worksheets, and drills that will help them get started and continue with arts and crafts.

What/who is Maarteng Letra?

What is Maarteng Letra?

• Maarteng Letra is composed of creative people striving to leave a legacy in this world. They are very much enthusiastic about art, lettering, calligraphy, design, illustration and everything in between. They come from different fields. Some have day jobs yet some pursue what they really love.

Behind the name:

• Maarteng Letra is from two Filipino words maarteand letra. Maarte means one who loves to decorate or into anything cute and sweet. It may also mean someone who is picky. But in this sense, we chopped maarte into ma-art-e.

Our own definition of maarte is: we are people of art.

Letra means letter, literally. So incorporating art and letters, Maarteng Letra was formed.

Fee & Registration

Fee is Php 300 which is inclusive of snacks & drinks and freebies. You register here.

If you have other inquiries, you may shoot maartengletra@gmail.com or hello@maartengletra.xyz an email. ✨

You Might Also Like

11 Comments

• Reply Joanna September 12, 2017 at 7:10 pm

It sounds like it is going to be a great event, based on the insights from the first edition. Is great when you can find your group and your events where you can meet people with the same passions and become friends. I think the price is really low, especially that you get food and drinks included as well. The name of the meeting is so cute as well and definitely in theme with the common passion. 🙂

• Reply Karla September 12, 2017 at 10:03 pm

This sounds like a really interesting event. I like that it also includes baybayin. It feels very local. The price is also very reasonable plus it is a good way to meet people with the same passion. I would love to go, too bad, I am not here on the 30th.

• Reply Indrani September 12, 2017 at 11:19 pm

That is such a good opportunity to learn the art. The event is definitely going to be a great hit.
    And I think these kind of events are wonderful platform to interact with other like minded people.
    Wish I was living somewhere around.

• Reply Teresa September 12, 2017 at 11:46 pm

This is a good event. Events like this help people stay motivated. It also encourages those who are just starting to persevere. Hope you get a lot of sign ups.

• Reply theresa September 13, 2017 at 6:05 am

I like it when I get events like this. I super wanted to attend, but you know what’s keeping me? I always have the mind set that I can’t attend events, especially like this that are dedicated to artists alone. I am no artists. I can’t even draw. I have a bad handwriting. But I am so willing to learn. I just don’t have the time, the supportive environment, the talent, and the mindset. So it all boil down to nothing. Nada.

P.S. I started trying a long time ago. But I just can’t make it work Perhaps the wrong tools, or what I am doing was just plainly wrong.

• Reply Berlin | Momi Berlin September 13, 2017 at 9:17 am

Would love to go there. Even asked my mom if she could drive me there but she begged off and discouraged me as she isnt used to driving in Malate. I am not used to walking around Malate, too, so I am still looking for someone who would be with me. Plus, my friend pointed out how could I participate if I have a two-month old baby with me. Wahhh …

• Reply Ferna September 13, 2017 at 9:23 pm

this is a good event for like minded people, and art is a great way to interact with beautiful creative minds. I was an artist in my young years and this always entice me to join in, I wish there is like a webinar as well or an online platform for us to join who are outside the area and won’t be able to join in physically.

• Reply Irma September 14, 2017 at 4:53 am

This is a great event!! An opportunity for many young and creative people who seek their place under the sky. One can not only acquire new friendships but also learn a lot of things that will surely be needed in future work. I strongly support these kinds of events, especially when it comes to caligraphy. 🙂

• Reply Maaya Legaspi September 14, 2017 at 3:31 pm

This is a good idea for people who want to learn from you guys! If my schedule isn’t just busy, I’ll go to! The registration fee also very reasonable. I hope you guys aspire more crafters/artists to learn and do what they to want to do. Congrats in advance for organizing this event. 🙂

• Reply Swayam Tiwari September 14, 2017 at 6:47 pm

How do you get all these wonderful fonts, I mean where do you get them from? Is there some resource on the net? Best wishes in advance for this event. May a thousand talents bloom in this event.

• Reply Johna September 14, 2017 at 9:11 pm

Sounds like an amazing event! Too bad it so far away from where I lived I went to a similar event like this tho in Pampanga. It was fun! And learnt alottttt.