Vlogs

Happy Handwriting Day 2017

February 16, 2017

Days ago, there was a hashtag #nationalhandwritingday. I first saw this on Instagram and tried to create my own version. I just wasn’t sure if this is also celebrated in the Philippines.

Handwriting Day 2017

Last January was the month for handwriting day. People around the globe celebrated it in their own ways. This video is also posted on my Instagram. To be honest, I actually researched about the origin about this day. This is what I found.

Well, I’d be more than happy if this is also celebrated here in the country alongside fellow artists who are very vocal and inspirational about the craft.

In the video, you’ll just see me writing and describing the pens I used.

To recap:

• Marvy Uchida Le Plume II
  • Korean brush pen
  • My Gel 0.5 (black)

If you have comments or suggestions which could help me improve on my videos, feel free to comment down below. It would be very much appreciated!

I also hope you’d subscribe to my channel and give the video a thumbs up! 😃

You Might Also Like

21 Comments

• Reply Veeyah | The Indy Miss February 17, 2017 at 4:27 pm

I SO missed this day. Hahaha. Didn;t know such a day existed, really. Hehe thanks for the info! Do you remember the specific day it was?

• Reply Maria February 17, 2017 at 5:11 pm

I did the video January 24 but I guess it’s really January 23? Funny thing is, I wrote it after seeing it on Instagram however, it’s for the people on the other side of the globe. Hahaha!

• Reply Louisa February 28, 2017 at 4:32 pm

I never knew there was a Handwriting Day. I used to get awards for my penmanship in elementary but today it’s comparable to chicken scratch! I’ve been wanting to learn calligraphy. Hopefully, I get to explore it.

• Reply Amazing Life Daily March 1, 2017 at 5:43 pm

Hi, Kristine. I have seen your first vlog to now, and there is a progression. I am happy for that. Remember how you sort of refuse to speak out in the video? GREAT JOB. For this video, I wonder if you would like to take the time to do it again, but this time, rather than showing the part where you wrote happy handwriting day, start off with the things you would be using, and see how it works out. And then use it, and end with your feedback. πŸ™‚ Cheers.

• Reply Maria March 1, 2017 at 6:37 pm

I appreciate the feedback, sir. Thank you so much for pointing those out. Hope I could shoot another video soon. πŸ˜€

• Reply ビー ル March 1, 2017 at 6:46 pm

I celebrated National Handwriting Day last year by posting a handwritten note on IG. As for this year, I totally forgot about it.

Anyway, I love your handwriting. I am not creative and not in anyway talented to do calligraphy. But my eldest daughter is into arts, drawings, and such. Both of you are left handed.

• Reply Dreamer Achiever March 1, 2017 at 6:53 pm

Happy Handwriting Day Maria! Your handwriting is gorgeous. πŸ™‚ I basically wrote nothing by hand for last couple years, I was always using my iPhone and Mac for writing. However I’ve lately fallen in love with doing a bullet journal and it’s actually very nice and relaxing to handwrite. This Handwriting Day is a good reminder of that!

• Reply KT Nielsen March 1, 2017 at 7:54 pm

I just realized that you are a leftie! πŸ™‚ Do you struggle with the dirty portion of your palm that rests on the paper? I’m tried brush calligraphy as well but I kind of stopped because I lost the inspiration. Maybe I will go give it a try again and I might participate in next year’s national handwriting day.

• Reply Maria March 2, 2017 at 3:35 pm

Yes! That’s our forever struggle as a leftie! Hahaha. Hope to see your scribbles soon πŸ™‚

• Reply micamicsdeleon March 1, 2017 at 8:22 pm

Oh gee, that’s a beautiful handwriting. Ever since the hype of calligraphy, i think last or last last year? I’ve always had this inclination to try it out, attend workshops and such but still can’t for some reasons. I’m just happy you’re able to do it! Keep it up Maria.

• Reply jayresa03 March 1, 2017 at 9:38 pm

This is my weakness. I badly want to learn but I don’t know how to start. Also, I don’t know what tools do I need to use, like something for beginners. What do you suggest which to do first?

• Reply Maria March 2, 2017 at 3:34 pm

You may try browsing my post, “My Top 3 Go-To Markers.” Those are the ones that I used when I started. πŸ™‚

• Reply Iza Abao (Two Monkeys Travel Group) March 2, 2017 at 3:10 pm

This is cool! I would like more if your video was a bit longer. It was really short but maybe you have part 2? I like using My Gel 0.5 too because the pen itself has a nice grip. It is also good for making your signatures look pretty.

• Reply Maria March 2, 2017 at 3:36 pm

I’m still studying about taking videos while writing. Setting up is the most challenging part for me. But yes, I will consider that too. Thank you!

• Reply Maaya Legaspi (@ayawillgoplaces) March 2, 2017 at 5:17 pm

I am soooo amazed! I also want to learn calligraphy this year and I hope I can do well like you. It’s looks really hard because just a single mistake can ruin the whole look.. Btw, where and how did you learn it? Is it really hard? I will also do videos like when I learn it. πŸ˜€

• Reply mumwrites (@vixquips) March 2, 2017 at 7:10 pm

I used to write postcards to send to friends on handwriting day, but I have totally forgotten this year! Yeah, I am getting old, I guess. I need to start practicing writing regularly as it is taking a backseat to favor parenting/motherhood and home chores. I have previously printed your practice sheets and I will be putting them to good use tomorrow! πŸ™‚

• Reply yogoandcream March 3, 2017 at 12:58 pm

I’m somewhat oblivious to those kinds of days. Hahaha! Anyway, what have you researched about this origin? I think it was cut short. “This is what I found.” Then there’s nothing else. Anyway, Happy Handwriting Day to you!

• Reply Laveena Sengar March 3, 2017 at 6:19 pm

I never knew that there was a day called handwriting day and I am a big lover of such contests. I am not very artistic but it is great to participate in such contests.

• Reply Fenrile March 12, 2017 at 11:34 pm

Over the past few years there’s a day for almost everything, that now there’s so many, it’s difficult to know them all. I wasn’t aware of a handwriting day to be honest, and it’s pretty cool. I’m amazed of the way you write on the video. I’ve always had a really bad writing, like I’m known for that. And even when I try to make effort or be a bit artistic, it just doesn’t happen Haha

• Reply Irma March 14, 2017 at 5:06 am

Woow, an international handwriting day. If I knew this earlier, I would try to have a nice handwriting at least that day, to honor it. I’ll try next year. On the other side, you have the gift to write nicely all the time. Your way of writing is really beautiful.

• Reply Johna March 14, 2017 at 1:44 pm

Ahhhh! I love watching calligraphy videos like this hehe. Soooo relaxing! Wish I had the talent for that hehe. Definitely need to work on my lettering πŸ˜›