Calligraphy

• Additional Practice Strokes for Lefties

Additional Strokes for Lefties by Kristine Redillas on Scribd

• Guide sheets

Guidelines by Kristine Redillas on Scribd

Contribute:

Donate to Maria

Help raise funds to turn this into a book or a booklet.

I hope these will be helpful in your respective journey!

Always remember:

Progress not perfection. Click To Tweet

Tell me about your passion and how you plan on sharing it? 😊

signature

Pages: 1 2

You Might Also Like

22 Comments

• Reply Sam Coronado (@followyouroad) September 30, 2016 at 9:03 pm

Hi Kristine! These are works of art! Absolutely beautiful and uplifting at the same time. I wouldn’t mind having one hanging on my room’s wall. Perhaps you can make them into products that you can monetize. But yes, passion need not be monetized. Hope you’ll learn more awesome skills that I’d love to see 🙂

• Reply Mommy Queenelizabeth September 30, 2016 at 9:08 pm

My husband is a leftie! And actually admire people who are left handed. Its true that they have special writing and artistic talent technically. My husband has a pretty penmanship, much better than mine! Your works are amazing! 🙂

• Reply Yan September 30, 2016 at 11:54 pm

Oooooh, I’m a lefty and I suck at calligraphy. I feel bad though cos I’ve invested in a lot of brush pens pa naman hahaha The struggle is real!

• Reply Martine October 1, 2016 at 12:04 am

Sigh, I am not a leftie BUT I am a frustrated student of calligraphy. I can’t seem to practice ever, though I want to. I suppose when my kids are older and they want to be away from me, haha!

• Reply Shai Habon October 1, 2016 at 8:22 am

I love calligraphy! I just wish I have all the time to do this kind of art because I believe it’s really tedious 🙂 I’ve read a lot about The Pen Meet and I really hope I can join next time.

• Reply berlin domingo October 1, 2016 at 12:15 pm

So generous of you to share those drill sheets. Permission to print them, please. But I need to look for a more appropriate paper because when we photocopied the drill sheets provided by the calligraphy class we attended months ago, they ink seems to be off or basta, there is something about the ink not being totally absorbed by the paper. Meron ba tlaagang ganung instance? Thanks.

• Reply Maria October 2, 2016 at 7:02 pm

Yes, the paper I use for practice is at least 80-100 gsm and that’s for the brush pens. For the dip pens, at least 200gsm so the ink won’t get absorbed by the paper. 😀

• Reply Berlin October 4, 2016 at 11:48 pm

Ow. Thanks for this. Isulat ko to para maalala ko. 🙂

• Reply Nilyn Matugas October 1, 2016 at 4:16 pm

I’m not leftie either but I have a feeling that my son’s going to be. Which is a bit challenging, specially when it comes to teaching him to write. Calligraphy is wonderful and I’ve been wanting to be able to try it out. I hope one day, I’ll be able to join a calligraphy workshop. 🙂

• Reply Teresa October 1, 2016 at 4:48 pm

I agree with you that liking what you do is happiness. 🙂 You have a nice handwriting. I agree that being a leftie is not an excuse. Well, there are those who have their right hands are their dominant hand but do not write legibly.

• Reply Michelle October 1, 2016 at 6:44 pm

I find that the lefties are smarter, really! When I was still in high school, I think 6 or 7 out of top 10 students in our class are lefties! So there really is a lot of potential a leftie person has. Like you. Your determination on pursuing your passion in calligraphy is very inspiring. I think I should be practicing or exerting the same effort as yours when it comes on pushing through to what I claim as my passion in life.

• Reply Veeyah | The Indy Miss October 1, 2016 at 10:04 pm

Hey hey hey! Great work on those strokes! I attended a friend’s Calligraphy workshop and I saw a leftie that was A NATURAL. Her strokes were precise but not forced at all! Hehehe. Anyone can do calligraphy, am I right? Hehe. Nice sheets.

• Reply Dominic Barrios October 2, 2016 at 1:58 pm

These are great drills and sheets for those who want to try out calligraphy. I’d share this with my wife since we already have the pen and the ink. One for my wife and one for me. Good think we got them for free from a bridal fair giveaway.

• Reply Sabine October 7, 2016 at 3:24 pm

Great that you think of all the lefties here. I’m not a leftie but I am not that experienced at all. I noticed myself as well that lately I’m so busy with other things than my blog and it’s too bad.

• Reply Ginoel Orejo October 13, 2016 at 5:56 pm

These are great drills. Gotta get those fingers working. I’m classically trained in piano. that’s a different art form. But it follows the same practice-makes-perfect mantra. I thank my daily childhood piano drills for making my fingers nimble and my typing speed immaculate. Haha!

• Reply Maria October 13, 2016 at 10:27 pm

OMG! I play the piano too!! And more on the classical side. Yay! I’m thankful for learning it as well, it helps with the typing and the discipline with the hand and fingers. 😀

• Reply jared's mum December 19, 2016 at 11:59 am

Calligraphy is something I would love to learn. I am practicing using brush pens and it was not really easy! I really need some of these drill sheets to practice on. Do you think right-handed folks can also use? Either way, I’m saving these so I can print it for my sissie who is also a lefty and is dying to learn calligraphy as well! Thank you! ^_^

• Reply Maria December 21, 2016 at 12:31 am

Yes, of course! Thank you as well. 🙂

• Reply Ella Ivoire February 22, 2017 at 9:50 pm

OMG HOW THE HELL DID I NOT KNEW ABOUT YOU?! You caligraphy is amazing! Please tell me you make those videos on instagram that I spend way too much time watching? I LOVED YOUR CALLIGRAPHY! I’m not a lefty but yeah, nevermind, I’m obsessed with calligraphy.

• Reply Maria February 23, 2017 at 8:06 pm

HAHAHA! At first, I thought you’re shouting at me but I just felt you’re too happy or giddy when you stumbled upon this. I’m not sure though but I have some videos on Instagram too. Thank you so much for liking and loving my works! 😀

• Reply SofarsoSabine March 6, 2017 at 6:16 am

That’s awesome to have for all the left handed people. I’m sure a lot of lefties will appreciate the sheets. I am right handed, but I will tell my friends if they need this. Great work on the blog, keep it up!

• Reply Meera March 12, 2017 at 2:05 am

Calligraphy is a fascinating art form. I have tried Arabic calligraphy once before in glass painting. It came out really well that I have kept my painting in my living room. I am sure your sheet is quite useful to the lefties. Keep bringing lots such work. Quite impressive 🙂