Vlogs

First Time-lapse Video

June 22, 2016

This is the first time that I posted a video of myself while doing calligraphy.

First Time-lapse Video

Once there was a girl who was bored, wanted to try out how does it feel to document herself while scribbling. Hence, her very first time-lapse video. A video that was shot through her phone with the help of a wide angle lens and a lazy pod. This was posted on the Facebook blog page and garnered around 300 views already and thank you very much for that!

Seriously though, this video was out of the blue for me. It was like I was struck with lighting that I thought of documenting myself while doing it.

The materials I used for writing:
  • ZIG Cocoiro Letter Pen
  • ZIG Scroll & Brush
  • ZIG Kuretake Fudebiyori (solid and metallic color)
The things I used to capture the video:
  • My iPhone — which incredibly has a high-resolution for videos
  • Wide angle lens (part of the 3-in-1 clip on lens)
  • Lazy pod — which you can buy from LZD PH or from the vendors you see at mobile stands in malls or wherever

Seeing people documenting themselves somehow inspired me to challenge myself to do one as well. I know that I’m not that good with calligraphy even though I’ve been practicing for more than a year already. I feel awkward about showing my face or even speak in a video because I’m just that weird and awkward kid ever since. 😂

Yet, when it comes to Snapchat, I’d show my face sometimes and speak in the videos that I post there. Really weird, right?

My goal with the video was to tell people that you can always achieve something if you really pour your mind, heart and soul to it. I also want to encourage other people to keep on pushing to reach their goals!

Lastly,

Art is for every Juan.

P.S.

Love and support local artists.

They inspire us all.

signature

You Might Also Like

No Comments

• Reply ROBERT LEE June 22, 2016 at 3:31 pm

HEY! I had fun watching the time lapse video, it is so cool! If I may suggest, at the end of the video, let it linger a little more… 🙂 Very nice! Hope to see more from you. Do you accept requests? Hihihi.

• Reply Maria June 25, 2016 at 12:18 am

Hola! Yes, noted on the video, thank you for that also! 🙂 Yes, what kind of request you mean? 😀

• Reply retlyn June 23, 2016 at 3:47 pm

wow! it’s my first time to see a left handed person doing calligraphy and I was really amazed! Kudos to you!!

• Reply Maria June 25, 2016 at 12:17 am

Wow! Thank you! 🙂

• Reply Berlin June 23, 2016 at 10:52 pm

Calligraphy with left handed peeps is difficult because the ink isnt dry yet and how can you not touch the letters? And they are all beautiful. How I wish I could write like that. Ive stopped practicing because we have no more lined paper or how do you call that paper? . Or Im just making an excuse. Nway, again, they are so beautiful. ❤️

• Reply Klaudia June 24, 2016 at 5:31 am

Awww , amazing video ! Brilliant job , how pretty does that look ! As I said previously , a great skill to build up a great business. Keep it up , you are amazing !

• Reply Leona June 24, 2016 at 11:49 am

this is cool, i’m also learning how to do modern calligraphy myself with brush pen and paint brush like pentel aquabrush. I just love the effects of a text in calligraphy font.

• Reply Swayam Tiwari June 24, 2016 at 12:42 pm

I got intrigued by time lapse videos after watching NatGeo serials. Tried my hand at it with one of the apps. But , after reading this, will try to pick it up again. Thanks a bunch.

• Reply Jessica June 24, 2016 at 1:39 pm

I sooooo love the timelapse video and the calligraphy, of course. But the top point I guess is your message. 🙂 More of this, please?

• Reply Maria June 25, 2016 at 12:16 am

Wow! Thank you! I will surely find time to make more 🙂

• Reply Sabine June 24, 2016 at 1:50 pm

Calligraphy is just amazing. Every time I come to your website i get jealous. I want to do this haha! I’m seriously thinking to start doing this. Great quote about love. We all hope we found True love!

• Reply Stella the Travelerette June 24, 2016 at 4:49 pm

You are too hard on yourself! I think it’s great that you are such a creative person. I wouldn’t have the nerve to try calligraphy or a time-lapse video. And I love how the writing looks when you use different colors to emphasize a word.

• Reply Trisha Velarmino June 24, 2016 at 5:08 pm

My mom wants to take calligraphy classes. Can you recommend anything particularly in Metro Manila? I think art is really good for the soul and fits all ages!

• Reply Maria June 25, 2016 at 12:16 am

Hola! Yes, there are various workshops being held by artists in Metro Manila. It would depend on what kind of calligraphy you would take. I totally agree with you about art. 😀

• Reply Nimj June 25, 2016 at 5:10 pm

This is so cool. I agree if you put your heart and soul into anything. It turns out amazing. Just like your video. My friend is learning calligraphy, she will definitely enjoy this video. Keep up good work.

• Reply Zwitsy June 25, 2016 at 5:16 pm

I am deeply in love with calligraphy it’s just that, the thing doesn’t like me. Too bad, I (maybe) will just be forever admiring it until I die. lol I really wanted to give it a try but art doesn’t seem to have a love for me so I won’t force them. You got good handwriting there. Wish to have that kind of talent or perhaps, get to learn that skills.

• Reply Dianne Salonga June 27, 2016 at 11:15 am

I love the way you write Calligraphy especially your left handed. I used to do that before in college but not that skilled as you. Hope you can post more technique about calligraphy.

• Reply Maria June 28, 2016 at 11:34 pm

Hola Dianne! Thank you for the wonderful and kind words. I hope I can share more about calligraphy too 🙂

• Reply Ella Ivoire June 28, 2016 at 7:09 am

I’m so jealous right now!! I wish I could do that, I honestly do! Hey, that’s an idea! Any chance that you could do a teaching video? Something really simple?

• Reply Maria June 28, 2016 at 11:37 pm

Well, I would really try to do one. I may have to practice (both calligraphy and video editing) some more before I post tutorials of my own. 😀

• Reply Carola June 29, 2016 at 12:59 am

Great video. I really enjoyed watching it and would love to see more. You’re very talented! It looks really awesome. It’s the first time I see a video about this.

• Reply Nya June 29, 2016 at 4:42 am

Your calligraphy is so beautiful! I am genuinely amazed, I would never be able to do something like this myself haha. The timelapse video was pretty cool too 🙂